- No products in the cart.
The STRAIT Method – Scar Tissue Release
Scar tissue is one of the most common, yet perplexing issues faced by massage therapists and other healing professionals. While several methods may work around the problem, Marjorie Brook will show you how to clear scar tissue with instant results. Marjorie Brook presents a solid training in the physiological and anatomical effects and principles of fascial restrictions, scar tissue and adhesions, the latest research on fascia and Biotensegrity, as well as the skills to apply the STRAIT Method™ in your practice. Sydney: 28-29 April 2018.
The STRAIT Method™ Scar Tissue Release Seminar Foundations
(A pre-requisite for all other levels)
Receive solid training in the physiological and anatomical effects and principles of fascial restrictions, scar tissue and adhesions, the latest research on fascia and Biotensegrity, as well as the skills to apply the Scar Tissue Release and Integrated Therapies (STRAIT) Method™ in your practice.
Recognizing that a simple scar from a childhood fall to major surgery as an adult can have a lifelong physiological and psychological effect on the body, yet is the most ignored and misunderstood part of recovery. Marjorie Brook designed a scar tissue release system that approaches the multi-faceted matrix of fascia three-dimensionally.
Find out how to assess fascial restrictions throughout the body and how to breakdown scar tissue and adhesions — from superficial to deep fascia. Discover a detailed eight-step approach to manually releasing scar tissue and adhesions — including techniques for lengthening and increasing the lymphatic and venous circulation to the connecting tissues.
This workshop will give you hands-on practice with different types of scar tissue. You’ll also be given instruction on how to utilize body mechanics that will support your clients and yourself in your work as a scar-tissue release therapist.
What you will learn in this course:
- The long- and short-term effects of scar tissue — from the physiological to the psychological
- Which orthopaedic and neurological factors to take into account when working with a new patient
- The indications and contraindications for Scar-Tissue Release Therapy relating to diseases, injuries, joint replacements, and aging factors
- Introduction to Integrated Therapeutic Stretching
- The art of effective client communication.
At the conclusion of the workshop, the participant should be able to:
- List the problems/physiological/emotional issues affects of scar tissue on posture, circulation and range of motion (Knowledge),
- Differentiate between types of scar formation and the situations/probable cause occurrence (Analysis),
- Develop effective treatment and rehabilitative strategies for muscle strengthening and neuromuscular control for overall body stability and reconditioning (Synthesis),
- Recommend a self-administered preventative & rehabilitation protocols for patients with facing and recovering from surgery/injury (Evaluation).
Location & Time
28-29 April 2018. 9am to 5 pm every day.
Venue: Level 1, 70 Bronte Rd, Bondi Junction. Map here.
AMT (70 CEUs), ATMS (14 CPE Points)
- Marjorie’s article on Scar Tissue
- Podcast on Scar Tissue Release
- Podcast on The Effects of Scar Tissue after Breast Surgery
Personal experience is essential to understanding the effectiveness of this technique — be prepared to give as well as receive a treatment.
Instructor massage therapist, with her own private practice on Long Island, NY. Marjorie Brook is an internationally-recognized bodyworker and pioneer in the field of Scar Tissue Relesae. Marjorie travels globally offering seminars and lectures on the STRAIT (Scar Tissue Release And Integrated Therapies) Method, an innovative and ground breaking therapy that works with the body, not against it. It is her mission to bring awareness to the public about the damaging effect of scar tissue and adhesions.
“My long-term vision was to fundamentally transform the way in which therapists practice bodywork. I yearned to enhance the lives of patients by demonstrating how to effectively diminish pain. I knew that the lives of those with a limited range of motion — resulting from poor posture, injury, scarring, and medical disorders — could be enriched with a combination of massage therapy, scar tissue release techniques, integrated therapeutic stretching and proper body mechanics.” Marjorie’s seminars have received glowing reviews from attendees of all experience levels. Her articles have been featured in Massage Today (USA), Massage World (UK) and American Fitness Magazine. Scar tissue is one of the most common, yet perplexing issues faced by massage therapists and other healing professionals. While several methods may work around the problem, Marjorie Brook will show you how to clear scar tissue with instant results.
“My passion for teaching is most often rewarded when the potential impact of my techniques hits home — I’ve witnessed many “Ah ha” moments as students realise the positive implications for their patients and themselves.”
Terms and Conditions
- Workshop sizes are limited and reservations will be accepted in the order in which they are received.
- Refund with $50 admin fee, if cancellation is notified at least 6 weeks before the workshop
- 50% Refund if cancellation is notified 3 weeks or later before the workshop
- Non-refundable if cancellation is notified 2 weeks (or later) before the workshop
- Full refund if we, for any reason, cancel a workshop.