- No products in the cart.
The STRAIT method – Scar Tissue Release for the Thoracic Region
Scar tissue is one of the most common, yet perplexing issues faced by massage therapists and other healing professionals. While several methods may work around the problem, Marjorie Brook will show you how to clear scar tissue with instant results. This workshop will give you a solid knowledge in the physiological and anatomical effects of fascial restrictions, scar tissue and adhesions in the Abdominal & Pelvic Region. Sydney: 5-6 May 2019
Availability: Out of stock
Pre-Requisite: Scar Tissue Release Foundations
Receive solid training in the physiological and anatomical effects of fascial restrictions, scar tissue and adhesions in the Abdominal/Pelvic Region.
What you will learn in this course:
- Review Scar Release Tissue Technique
- The Pathology of
- Lung transplant
- Open heart surgery
- Breast Reconstruction/implants
- Breast Reduction
- Chest trauma
- Upper spine
- costotransversectomy and discectomy
- transthoracic decompression
- video assisted thoracoscopy surgery (VATS)
- bone graft
- Lymphatic patterns
- Full Integration Protocol
- Integrated Therapeutic Stretching
- Body Mechanics
- Corrective exercises
- Proprioceptive Taping
- Practice development
- Client communications
- Doctor’s letters
This workshop will give you hands-on practice with different types of scar tissue and protocols. You’ll also be given instruction on how to utilize body mechanics that will support your clients and yourself in your work as a scar-tissue release therapist.
At the conclusion of the presentation, the participant should be able to:
- List the problems/physiological/emotional issues affect of scar tissue on posture, circulation and range of motion associated with the covered surgeries.
- Differentiate between types of scar formation and the situations/probable cause occurrence associated with the covered surgeries. (Analysis)
- Develop effective treatment and rehabilitative strategies for muscle strengthening and neuromuscular control for overall body stability and reconditioning. (Synthesis)
- Recommend a self-administered preventative & rehabilitation protocols for patients with facing and recovering from surgery/injury. (Evaluation)
5-6 May 2019, 9am to 5pm every day
Location: Stanmore, Sydney
AMT (70 CEUs), ATMS (14 CPE Points)
- Marjorie’s article on Scar Tissue
- Podcast on Scar Tissue Release
- Podcast on The Effects of Scar Tissue after Breast Surgery
Instructor massage therapist, with her own private practice on Long Island, NY. Marjorie Brook is an internationally-recognized bodyworker and pioneer in the field of Scar Tissue Relesae. Marjorie travels globally offering seminars and lectures on the STRAIT (Scar Tissue Release And Integrated Therapies) Method, an innovative and ground breaking therapy that works with the body, not against it. It is her mission to bring awareness to the public about the damaging effect of scar tissue and adhesions.
“My long-term vision was to fundamentally transform the way in which therapists practice bodywork. I yearned to enhance the lives of patients by demonstrating how to effectively diminish pain. I knew that the lives of those with a limited range of motion — resulting from poor posture, injury, scarring, and medical disorders — could be enriched with a combination of massage therapy, scar tissue release techniques, integrated therapeutic stretching and proper body mechanics.” Marjorie’s seminars have received glowing reviews from attendees of all experience levels. Her articles have been featured in Massage Today (USA), Massage World (UK) and American Fitness Magazine. Scar tissue is one of the most common, yet perplexing issues faced by massage therapists and other healing professionals. While several methods may work around the problem, Marjorie Brook will show you how to clear scar tissue with instant results.
“My passion for teaching is most often rewarded when the potential impact of my techniques hits home — I’ve witnessed many “Ah ha” moments as students realise the positive implications for their patients and themselves.”
“As a physiotherapist and practitioner in KMI structural Integration l have followed the course with Marjorie Brook about Scar Tissue releases (STRAIT METHOD). In my daily practice it is evident having knowledge about scar tissues and skills how to treat them. Understanding the influences of scars on posture and movement is important not to forget to mention the influences scars may have on the psyche. The course given by Marjorie Brook is helpful to that. Bringing you knowledge, giving you tools to treat, all in her enthusiastic way of presentation. ” Harry Hoogenbosch, KMI Amsterdam, NL
Terms and Conditions
- Workshop sizes are limited and reservations will be accepted in the order in which they are received.
- Refund with $50 admin fee, if cancellation is notified at least 6 weeks before the workshop
- 50% Refund if cancellation is notified 3 weeks or later before the workshop
- Non-refundable if cancellation is notified 2 weeks (or later) before the workshop
- Full refund if we, for any reason, cancel a workshop.