- No products in the cart.
Integrated Therapeutic Stretching for the Upper Body
Integrated Therapeutic Stretching™, or ITS is a dynamic form of stretching based on the elemental actions of joints, ligaments, and muscles. This workshop will introduce ITS as a way to train the body become more efficient, thanks to an increased range of motion and the re-education of muscles. Sydney: 3-4 May 2019.
Find out more about the latest research on fascia — Biotensegrity, a new approach to understanding how our bodies work — and learn how to restore a patient’s overall wellness through physiological reeducation.
This course is rooted in the principles of Integrated Therapeutic Stretching™, or ITS — an intricate, dynamic form of stretching based on the elemental actions of joints, ligaments, and muscles. The goal of ITS is to help the body become more efficient, thanks to an increased range of motion and the re-education of muscles.
Once the muscles and surrounding fascia have been released using ITS™, the body-mind complex needs to be re-trained to function in its renewed state. Discover how to assist a patient in becoming aware of these changes to their body mechanics, and find out the myriad ways the changes will manifest in their daily activities.
What you will learn in this course:
- The effects of fascia and its importance to our overall wellbeing
- How to assess your client’s range of motion limitations
- To isolate and stretch individual muscles and fascial pathways
- Re-establish muscular balance with restored joint range of motion
- Increase stability through strength training
- How these techniques can assist recovery from injury, disorders, and disease
- The art of effective client communication
- How to empower your clients to stretch themselves
- How to utilize proper body mechanics — for you and your client
At the conclusion of the workshop, the participant should be able to:
- List the problems/physiological/emotional issues affects of scar tissue on posture, circulation and range of motion (Knowledge),
- Differentiate between types of scar formation and the situations/probable cause occurrence (Analysis),
- Develop effective treatment and rehabilitative strategies for muscle strengthening and neuromuscular control for overall body stability and reconditioning (Synthesis),
- Recommend a self-administered preventative & rehabilitation protocols for patients with facing and recovering from surgery/injury (Evaluation).
Location & Time
3-4 May 2019. 9am to 5 pm every day.
Location: Sancta Sophia College, 8 Missenden Rd, Camperdown NSW 2050, 9AM-5PM
AMT (70 CEUs), ATMS (14 CPE Points)
- Marjorie’s article on Scar Tissue
- Podcast on Scar Tissue Release
- Podcast on The Effects of Scar Tissue after Breast Surgery
Personal experience is essential to understanding the effectiveness of this technique — be prepared to give as well as receive a treatment.
Instructor massage therapist, with her own private practice on Long Island, NY. Marjorie Brook is an internationally-recognized bodyworker and pioneer in the field of Scar Tissue Relesae. Marjorie travels globally offering seminars and lectures on the STRAIT (Scar Tissue Release And Integrated Therapies) Method, an innovative and ground breaking therapy that works with the body, not against it. It is her mission to bring awareness to the public about the damaging effect of scar tissue and adhesions.
“My long-term vision was to fundamentally transform the way in which therapists practice bodywork. I yearned to enhance the lives of patients by demonstrating how to effectively diminish pain. I knew that the lives of those with a limited range of motion — resulting from poor posture, injury, scarring, and medical disorders — could be enriched with a combination of massage therapy, scar tissue release techniques, integrated therapeutic stretching and proper body mechanics.” Marjorie’s seminars have received glowing reviews from attendees of all experience levels. Her articles have been featured in Massage Today (USA), Massage World (UK) and American Fitness Magazine. Scar tissue is one of the most common, yet perplexing issues faced by massage therapists and other healing professionals. While several methods may work around the problem, Marjorie Brook will show you how to clear scar tissue with instant results.
“My passion for teaching is most often rewarded when the potential impact of my techniques hits home — I’ve witnessed many “Ah ha” moments as students realise the positive implications for their patients and themselves.”
“As a physiotherapist and practitioner in KMI structural Integration l have followed the course with Marjorie Brook about Scar Tissue releases (STRAIT METHOD). In my daily practice it is evident having knowledge about scar tissues and skills how to treat them. Understanding the influences of scars on posture and movement is important not to forget to mention the influences scars may have on the psyche. The course given by Marjorie Brook is helpful to that. Bringing you knowledge, giving you tools to treat, all in her enthusiastic way of presentation. ” Harry Hoogenbosch, KMI Amsterdam, NL
Terms and Conditions
- Workshop sizes are limited and reservations will be accepted in the order in which they are received.
- Refund with $50 admin fee, if cancellation is notified at least 6 weeks before the workshop
- 50% Refund if cancellation is notified 3 weeks or later before the workshop
- Non-refundable if cancellation is notified 2 weeks (or later) before the workshop
- Full refund if we, for any reason, cancel a workshop.