- No products in the cart.
Balancing the Pelvis
Art Riggs will present a deeper understanding of the multiple forces that cause disruption of pelvic balance and offer many techniques to effectively treat fascial, muscular, ligamentous, and osseous elements to give clients relief from specific complaints and to facilitate better balance in the entire body. Sydney, 8,9,10 September 2018
An understanding of working with the pelvis is essential for any bodyworker because of its effect upon rotational patterns and front-to-back balance. The pelvis bridges the gap between the upper and lower body and transmits gravity up through the body and is crucial for treating and resolving issues in the whole body from the feet to the head. An understanding of working with both muscles and fascia to resolve rotational stress upon the pelvis and to balance anterior/posterior forces is essential for treatment of both pelvic complaints but for dysfunction above and below, but is only one part of the equation.
In this workshop we will provide and understanding of the multiple forces that cause disruption of pelvic balance and offer many techniques to effectively treat fascial, muscular, ligamentous, and osseous elements to give clients relief from specific complaints and to facilitate better balance in the entire body.
- Palpation and analysis of facial, muscular, ligamentous, and osseous restrictions in the pelvis
- Analysis and treatment of anterior and posterior pelvic tilt factors
- Rotational factors in the legs and spine that effect the pelvis and visa versa
- Treatment of the deep rotators and gluteal balance
- Adductors and abductors
- Working with the psoas and iliacus
- Resolving external abdominal torsion on the pelvis and ribs
- Techniques for treating the Sacrum
- Soft Tissue
- Improving osseous movement of the sacrum with joint mobilization
- Balancing the innominate bones of the pelvis from stress from above and below
- Muscle energy techniques
- Transitioning pelvic mobility up the spine and down the legs
Terms and Conditions
- Workshop sizes are limited and reservations will be accepted in the order in which they are received.
- The workshop will be confirmed in July 2018, please do not book ticket/accommodation prior to conformation
- Refund with $50 admin fee, if cancellation is notified at least 6 weeks before the workshop
- 50% Refund if cancellation is notified 3 weeks or later before the workshop
- Non-refundable if cancellation is notified 2 weeks (or later) before the workshop
- Full refund if we, for any reason, cancel a workshop.