- No products in the cart.
Tui Na: Student to Master
Tui Na Student to Master, is a step by step video on how to do and improve your Tui Na massage.
Availability: Out of stock
Tui Na (pronounced “twee nah”, literally means push and grab) is a bodywork developed in China over 3,000 years ago. A combination of massage, acupressure and stretching, Tui Na works by applying pressure to acu-points, meridians and groups of muscles or nerves to remove blockages that prevent the free flow of energy (Qi). The work is done entirely with the practitioner’s hands to help increase the beneficial flow of Qi through the patient’s meridian system.
After so many years experience with Tui Na, Errol now presents the DVD: Tui Na Student to Master, is a step by step video on how to do and improve your Tui Na massage. Filmed in China and England, with never seen before footage and many treatment demonstrations.
This DVD Student to Master has been 6 years in the making, taking you through the process from student to master. You will get to meet some of the top tuina Doctors from China.
- 2 hrs 20 mins running time
- More than 16 different hand techniques
- Massage in prone/supine/seated
- Massage for sports injury
- Cupping therapy
- Da tuna, a tuina operation
- Documentary on China
- Practical massage demonstrations (with time to practice while watching)
- Fundamental hand techniques for tuina, sports massage, and sports injuries
- Related therapies (cupping, heat lamps and traction)
- An insight into Chinese culture and uses of tuina in Chinese hospitals
- Interviews and testimonials
- English language commentary –no subtitles to read * Running time 2 hours 20 mins * Interactive menu system for easy browsing * An invaluable teaching resource for colleges * Single dual layer DVD to reduce the carbon footprint
- Note: There are 16 techniques demonstrated on the DVD. Select “Techniques” from the Main Menu, and a list of 6 techniques appears. In the middle of the screen, under “Main Menu” is a forward arrow which will take you to page 2, a list of another 6 more techniques. The forward and back arrows allow you to select the 16 techniques. .
- A step by step guide to the key aspects of tuina therapy for practitioners or students of massage – filmed in China and England with examples of its use in a practising clinic with real patients.
About the Auhor:
Errol Dexter Lynch experience of Tui Na began when Errol participated in an Acupuncture clinical training study tour in Beijing in 1998. Since then Errol has been fortunate enough to return to China each year to continue my training with doctors and professors of Tui Na.
He has a passion for Chinese medical therapies mainly Tui Na massage, Tui Na based reflexology, Cupping, Moxibustion and herbs.
He has studied other therapies such as acupuncture, shiatsu, sports injury massage, massage in pregnancy, baby massage and holistic massage. Since finding Tui Na in Beijing in 1998 on a acupuncture clinical training and seeing first hand its effect, Errol has made it part of his repertoire of therapies.